Please use these resources to complete your daily English lessons.
This week's focus is: Assessment Week
Please read the guidance for each day.
Monday 13th July - Spelling List & Extended Writing - Planning
- Please learn the spellings on the spelling list for your test on Friday 17th July.
- Make sure that you learn the meanings of the words as well as their spellings.
- Please do some practise spelling tests before Friday, to increase your confidence.
Tuesday 14th July - Extended Writing
- Please email your completed writing to your class teacher to be marked.
- Make sure that you use the checklist, to ensure that you have attempted all Year 5 Writing Criteria.
- Look at the 'Modelled Writing' to help you write your story.
- Your writing should be a minimum of 1.5 pages, typed size 12 font (this will vary if hand written).
Wednesday 15th July - Reading Assessment
- Please read the text BEFORE attempting to answer the questions.
- Read each text and answer the questions for that text, before moving on.
- This test should be timed (1 hour is the standard time limit - however, this may be extended if you really need it).
- if unable to print, answers can be handwritten onto paper or typed onto a blank document and emailed to your class teacher.
Thursday 16th July - Grammar Assessment
- Please complete the test and email it to your class teacher.
- If unable to print, answers can be handwritten or typed onto a blank document or the 'Microsoft Word Template'.
Friday 17th July - Spelling Assessment
- This spelling test uses words that were given out on Monday.
- Please use the sentences for context.
- Someone else (parent/guardian) needs to administer this test OR use the audio recording below.
- Please handwrite this test (or turn off spell check on your document).
- Email the completed test/score to your class teacher.