Overall School Vision - Every child to be the best that they can be.
Values - We show respect. We make the right choices. We roll up our sleeves.
Through RE we support children to:
- Understand, respect and learn from the principal religions represented in our multi-faith community.
- Appreciate the way that religious beliefs shape life, behaviour and culture.
- Develop the ability to make reasoned and informed judgments about religious and moral issues.
- Recognise and challenge stereotypical and prejudiced views about their own and other people’s faiths.
- RE is taught from the ‘Brent Agreed Syllabus’.
- RE is taught as a discreet subject.
- Each year group works on a different termly theme, in order to cover all of the themes from the Brent Agreed Syllabus by the end of Year 6.
- Children learn about, and visit, places of worship within their local community.
- Festivals are celebrated as a whole school.
- In lessons children demonstrate an understanding of, and respect for, different religions through discussion, in their writing and through creative activities.
- As children progress from KS1 through KS2, they are able to make an effective contribution to discussions and debates related to religion.
- In RE lessons, assemblies and in their behaviour throughout the school children show respect for different faiths and are confident in challenging prejudice.